Thursday, May 11, 2006

The Sadness and Frenzy of Packing-up

(Guys, forgive me, I must indulge myself with piteous self-outpouring…)
Took this picture of my old closet in the room I share with my sisters and it reminded me of those Tagalog drama movies in the 80’s and 90’s where the heroine is seen crying uncontrollably while packing up her things or worse!! -- her things being thrown at her while she’s being forcibly pushed out of the house! I must admit, I felt a few tears roll down my cheeks while I emptied my closet into my luggage bags. It wasn’t until I was doing this that reality sank in --- I really am leaving (and this time, I’m leaving nothing inside my closet back home!) Of course, things didn’t really cheer up for me when my younger sister, Dane told me laughingly about my mom crying while I wasn’t looking or observing my father being more attentive towards me than usual. Oh well, life can be such a happy pain sometimes. Here I am, being given the opportunity of a lifetime by getting expatriated but feeling the lowest of lows emotionally to-date!

Okay-okay, I’m exaggerating. =) But really, it didn’t feel good seeing my things disappear into bags and travel boxes the day I packed ---Weird but compeletely understandable.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Gara! Rex was asking if you really emptied out your closet. Hahaha! He emptied his closet na rin kasi. So much for thought-provoking comments and mind-boggling quotes. Oh well. But I AM gonna miss you.

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nasa Jakarta ka na ba? Kahapon flight mo right? Nasan na ang picssssssssss!!! Hahaha. Halata bang excited? May nakita na akong flight to Jakarta at 98 bucks sa Singapore Airlines. Bilis-bilisan mo mag-orientation dyan ha para makalakwatsa na!!!

11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go
I'm standin' here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye.

But the dawn is breakin', it's early morn
The taxi's waitin', he's blowin' his horn
Already I'm so lonesome I could die.

So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go

'Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane
I don't know when I'll be back again
Oh, babe, I hate to go."

- excerpt from "Leaving on a Jet Plane"

This song is not entirely true 'coz you know when you'll be back. Hehehe But hopefully we can leave on a jet plane too... to visit our friend GARA in Jakarta!

8:49 AM  
Blogger gara said...

hi me-anne - i almost emptied it out but i really just left a few things. only those i no longer really use. don't miss me! you sound like you'll never visit my blog again. (or jakarta - you and rex will come di ba? he-he) we'll see each other here. didn't realize till now that having a blog really does have it's advantages =)

joy! i need all the help to research on budget airlines going to jakarta. alam ko marami from singapore =) may alam ka ba galing manila? don't worry, working on getting more tips on places and events one should not dare miss here!

rohan, visit me so you can meet that badminton hero you mentioned =)

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home