Tuesday, May 23, 2006

To introduce some colleagues

It’s been a few days since I posted a new entry. Been quite busy with both work and furnishing my apartment on the side. I’m going home this Thursday to attend Anette’s wedding and that’s another thing occupying my mind.

Anyway, getting on to introducing some of my colleagues at work (didn’t get the chance to take much pictures), from left to right… Yulia – she’s our secretary. She’s been really helpful. Helping me see to my furniture deliveries, liaising with my house agent, opening an account in XXX Bank (one of the biggest here in Indonesia), getting my company car to enrolling myself in Bahasa lessons. Then to my left is Sharmila. She’s Sri Lankan and a very vivacious girl. She dragged me (or I’d like to pretend she dragged me –he-he) to this bar the other night, just to check it out. Of course with two girls on their own, what can you expect but for strange men to try and hit on us. We left the place as quickly as we got there. Anyway…I’ve introduced Belinda in my previous post. I think she’s very pretty and has a kind soul too. From this picture, you won’t think that one is Buddhist, two are Muslim and of course there’s me who is a Catholic. Friendship really looks beyond race or religion.

Anyway, we’re in the office in this picture. Xth Floor in Graha along XXX Road, right smack in the middle of the Business District here in Jakarta. People here lapse into Bahasa in conversations though so really need to learn the language as quickly as I could. Still haven’t exchanged much talk with Pak Rookib (my driver) except for “Terima Kasi” (thank you), Pagi (morning’) and 8am (or whatever time I say he should come pick me up). This morning though on the way to the office, he started teaching me a few more Bahasa words.

Anyway, this is also to say hi to everyone =) I miss everyone but also enjoying myself meeting new people and seeing some new sights. Just learned last weekend that two former friends from an ad agency I worked with in the Philippines before is also here in Jakarta for 2 years or so. Such a pleasant surprise. More people to get to know better and spend weekends with!

7 Comments:

Blogger badassprovider said...

hey ate grace.. its great you're learning bahasa real fast, you could teach me right after.. can't wait to get there.. see you on friday.

12:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear badassprovider,

ano ba itong pangalan na ito. blog mo rin ba ito? how do i add you as a link if ever? =)

thank you nga pala sa palanca letter mo ha when i had the retreat last week of May. pina-iyak nyo ko lahat =)

next i'll post pictures of my furnished apartment para you will really come here. i've done a pretty god job at it i think -he-he. punta ko singapore soon, right after manila from the wedding. baka sabay pa tayo balik? kelan ka ba babalik to singapore? anyway, see you on friday ha. miss yah! =)

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Garage, you are such a hottie!:P I'll be in Jakarta sometime between wk 4 June - wk 2 July. Can't wait to catch up!!

12:00 PM  
Blogger Gang said...

you look fantastic! I'll be reading your blog heretofore, my friend. I'm sorry pala but I need to leave not so cheerful news in this comment, I didn't know how else to get in touch with you. Rudy (SJ) is in the hospital. Cardinal Santos. Don't worry he's stable daw last I heard from Fr. Ben (Nebres, SJ) before dinner last night. Apparently Rudy had a mild heart attack. Now he's okay under observation and sublime health care. Whatever that means.

3:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

trina! so excited to have you in jakarta. analee might be there around that time too! catch-up, catch up! i want the entire story on your engagement! yihee =)

gang! oo nga i heard about father rudy pero he doesn't want to have visitors pa raw. oh well, i am so worried about him...

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gara, i don't think its a good idea for you to leave a detailed description of your office and home in your blog. baka makursonadahan ka ng isang tao at i-stalk ka.
stay safe! see you soon!

10:57 PM  
Blogger gara said...

kris! my ever dependable lawyer friend. heeding your advice, heeding your advice!!!

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home