Sunday, September 03, 2006

"Kids at Play" are "Kids at Work"

Yesterday, I've decided that I was settled in enough to entertain at my apartment. I've invited a few of my close colleagues at work, three of them are already moms and one of them is actually on the way and about to take her maternity leave. So we decided that we will also use this opportunity to bid her goodluck and congratulations for a new addition to her family.

The party was set to start at 830am. The intention was it would be a breakfast and lunch thing. They asked me to prepare
Filipino dishes. I made champorado for breakfast - the best! And one of my favorite recipes from my mom, I made Tagalog Beef Steak with onion rings and potatoes. They also brought several things with them. Sweet Chinese style pancit bihon and lots of ice cream from Esye, Indonesian style Empanadas and the famous tempe (fried tofu) from Ausy, Passion fruit, Dragon Fruit and other exotic Indonesian fruits from Belinda, Sri Lankan chicken and potato cutlets from Shar, fruit juices and candies from Listra and Yulia. Lici just brought her 2 kids as she just came home from Vietnam on a business trip.

We all had a great time but I think I had the greatest time. I just got so distracted playing and taking pictures of the kids!!! They're all so cute. They reminded me why I took up photography. I've always wondered about what goes through a child's mind when he or she is at play. I believe that kids at play are actually kids at work :) Serious work. Look at the pictures c")



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home